Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

3 months ago

3 months ago today, my life changed dramatically in a matter of hours. On December 27, 2012 I became a mother. I didn't have 9 months to prepare myself, a baby's room, or any thoughts about what it would be like to be a parent. Instead I had less than three days from the time Sasha asked us if we would be the parents of her baby boy until he was in our arms. I didn't really think it would happen that quickly. It was all a blur. But the moment we saw him being taken from that home by DCFS, Jared and I both knew this little boy was meant to be our first child. And I think Shad knew it too. Although I never knew it would be this hard to be a parent, I also never knew how amazingly rewarding it can be too. I wouldn't change one thing about our new life with this little boy in our family! We love him so much!

And I don't know about you, but I think he kind of likes me. ;-)


***Ignore the fact that I have no makeup on {do I ever these days?!} and have three chins...

4 comments:

Alyssa said...

He is the cutest little guy!! So happy all that time, I just can't get over that little smile/laugh. You guys were definitely meant to be a family :)

Alyssa said...

the** time

Ashley said...

Geez, way to make me cry! :) I know he loves you!!!!

Jessica said...

I am in love with this video!!!