Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Thank goodness for the extra day!

Happy Leap Day!
I almost forgot to post this month. I would be very disappointed because it's been almost 5 years and I haven't missed a month yet. Thank goodness for leap day or I would have been hosed.

Anyway, for Valentine's day Jared and I stayed the night before at a bed and breakfast in Ann Arbor. It was very quaint.


The breakfast the next morning was delicious. The only downfall to the place was that there was no hot tub. Jared and I had both really wanted to get in one while we were there.

Ready for a funny story? Ok, so I googled "hot tubs in Ann Arbor" and what came up was a place that just had a bunch of different hot tubs in their own separate areas decorated different ways. Jared and I decided it might be fun to try. So we drove to it and walked in to check it out. There were two ladies at the front desk. One of them asked if we had a reservation. I said no, we just heard about it and wanted to check it out. In a very rude tone, she said, "You don't have a reservation on Valentine's day and you thought you could just walk in? We are completely booked until 2 in the morning." Jared said, "That's fine, we just wanted to check it out." As we were about to leave the other lady said, "We actually had a cancellation and there is a half hour left of these people's reservation if you want it." So we said sure. We followed her to this room that had a bathroom/shower and changing area, that lead outside to a private area with a hot tub. She rushed through all of the instructions really fast and said, "we will call you on the phone by the hot tub when there is 10 minutes left." (Would anyone else think that meant 10 minutes left in the hot tub or are we the only idiots who thought that?) We said ok, and once we were in the hot tub we were trying to figure out where the phone even was. We figured it out once it rang. It was clear across the area from where we were (which was outside and freezing). We just figured it would ring once or twice and we knew that was our 10 minute mark. But it just kept ringing and ringing so I finally got out and answered it. The snotty lady said, "Is this the Smedley party? We've been trying to get a hold of you for 2 minutes. You have 8 minutes left." I said, "Ok, thank you," and then hung up. After a few more minutes, we decided to get out and get in the shower that was in our little "suite". About a minute after that another phone inside the suite started ringing. I said we would be out in a minute and she started yelling and saying, "There are people waiting here right now, you need to be out right now!" When I started to tell her that we must have misunderstood her she just hung up on me. So we busted it to try and get dressed while we were still soaking wet. As soon as I opened the door she was standing there and she yelled, "I need as many people as possible to help me clean this place right now!" I pretended like I didn't hear her and went to the front desk. Jared told the other lady sorry, that we misunderstood when we were supposed to be out. She was nice and said it was ok, then the wench lady came out and started yelling at us again. Jared tried to apologize and explain and she just kept cutting him off and then said, "Yep ok, Happy Valentine's Day."
Then we went out to our car and it wouldn't start. We swear she cursed it. It had problems the rest of the day but we still made it to Detroit to the Red Wings game. Fun stuff!


Well that's all I got. Until next month. ;)

3 comments:

Lauren said...

That place sounds cool!! I wonder how well it would do in Utah.... Lol

Julie said...

I know you love the Wench Lady. Ok, Happy Valentine's Day!

Ashley said...

Ha ha. You make me smile. Wench. (The lady, not you) :) I'm glad you guys got to go somewhere fun for Balentines.