Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, October 28, 2012

What have we been up to lately?

Well, it's almost the end of the month, so I guess we better post something. Let's see, what have we been up to?
Here are some of the pictures I have put on Instagram lately to illustrate:


Working


Running (while looking at the beautiful fall foliage)


Taking silly pictures at the photo booth at the movie theater



What's this you ask? Well let me explain.

About a month ago Jared and I were talking about how it takes around 10 years for someone to become an expert at something. We decided it would be fun to start doing something now so that in ten years we can be really good at it. Well, when I was in 5th grade I played the violin for a year, and was told by my teacher that I was a quick learner and talented at it. But, when I got into 6th grade (middle school in California) I wanted to be "cool" and "popular", and those kids didn't play in the orchestra. So I stopped playing and have regretted it ever since. When Jared and I were first married I told him about this experience, so one day he came home with a present for me. A brand new violin! What a sweetheart huh? Well I was in nursing school at the time, so I didn't really have much time to start taking lessons again. Then we moved to Michigan, etc. etc. I decided to stop making excuses. Even though I am super busy right now I decided I really wanted to start playing again. So far I am really enjoying it. I started keeping a log of how long and often I practice, so that in ten years I can show that my hard work has paid off.

Well, that's about all the excitement going on around here. Until next month....

2 comments:

Ashley said...

good for you! i am excited for you to play again. then you can teach me :)

kendra said...

that's pretty cool Steph! I want to hear you play!!